The day I performed my first Umrah, I was exceptionally tired. I had checked out of the hotel in Madinah around 11 am the day before, spent the day in the Mosque of the Prophet (May Peace and blessings be upon him), taken the six hour bus to Makkah, and gone straight to Makkah Haram to perform Umrah. Then I prayed Fajr for the next day and laid down for I couldn’t check in to my Makkah hotel until 3 pm that day.
When I was fourteen, we learnt about five-year administrative plans in social studies. They are the plans that governments make to keep the countries on track short-term. I thought if it can work for a nations life, it can also work for an individual's life. I was a big fan of one=many, individual=nation philosophy at that time. My journals from that phase are full of such theories. So in the summer of 2005, I wrote my first five-year plan. I then divided it into yearly goals, then monthly goals and then weekly and so on. I achieved most of the things. The plan had worked. On my 20th birthday, I wrote my second five-year plan. Having seen results the first time, I was more motivated this time and better at setting goals (all that about language and achievability...the whole shebang). Tomorrow is my twenty-fourth birthday. And I am nowhere close achieving anything I had planned to. Basically I have nothing to how for all the investment (of time, effort and money) made fo...
Comments
Post a Comment